The Thunder Mountain wind development project is located near Tumbler Ridge, in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies in northeastern interior British Columbia.
The site consists of xx hectares of land, on mountainous terrain, with a very strong unidirectional wind resource.
PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT
Thunder Mountain Wind Project
With the goal of providing renewable wind power to the Sundance Hydrogen Project, the Thunder Mountain wind project is located approximately 25 km – 45 km southeast of Tumbler Ridge, in interior British Columbia. The mountainous terrain offers a very strong unidirectional wind resource.
- Planned Indigenous equity partnerships
- Creation of 75 short-term construction jobs, with Indigenous opportunities
- Creation of 6-8 long-term jobs
- Planned investment of over $350 million over the next 5-6 years
- Invested over $1.5 million over the past 10 years
- In partnership with Aeolis Wind
- Located approximately 25 km – 45 km southeast of Tumbler Ridge, interior British Columbia
- 9 meteorological towers
- Strong unidirectional wind resource